Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Guest Artists: Two Talented Decaturites

Maggie the Magnificent!
Meet Maggie, one of my students at the Decatur Guild where I visited last week. The class was Colorful Leaves and I love the original design she made. Of course, I would expect nothing less from Maggie as she is working on her graduate degree from the Chicago School of Fusing.
Erica the Superb!
Meet Erica, also from the Decatur guild and an embroiderer extraordinaire. This piece she is holding is beautifully hand embroidered on white fabric. She's traced the basic design on the fabric and improvised the stitching as she goes. Thank you Erica and Maggie for sharing your work with us!

4 comments:

Maggie Szafranski said...

Thanks! I didn't realize that Erica's piece was handstitched!!! That is awesome!

Gene Black said...

Both of those ladies have done lovely work.

Beth said...

Beautiful! Love the hand embroidery.

Cornwoman said...

The hand embroidery by Erica is beautiful! I think that Maggie's flower is superb, and that she should be about ready to be given her graduate degree very soon.